For material that is damaged or deteriorating, digitization offers an opportunity to provide replacement copies of a quality as well as those generated through preservation. For rare or fragile material, such copies can be used both to reduce handling and increase access.
- 90% of corporate memory exists on paper.
- Out of pages that get handled in the office, 90% are merely shuffled.
- The average document gets copied 19 times.
- As per an estimate, companies spend $20 in labour to file a document. $120 in labour to find a misfiled document, and $220 in labour to reproduce a lost document.
- 7.5% of all documents get lost, 3% of the remainder get misfiled.
- Professionals spend 5-15% of their time reading information but 50% looking for it.
Our Digital Archive System: www.jogobu.net